Our Promise to You

Choosing the best home inspector can be a confusing and hard decision. At Buysure Property Inspections we will treat your potential new home as if we were going to purchase it ourselves and give you a thorough examination of the property.

We have seen hundreds of properties, and know all the problems that come with buildings of various ages and styles. We can look for tell-tale signs of these issues, and in addition we can spot sub-standard building work.

Our inspectors are qualified building professionals who are experienced in assessing residential buildings and we follow best practice for the industry. We can assure you that we will identify and communicate significant problems with the property and that we have up-to-date public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance that covers damages and legal costs.

As it is our aim to have satisfied customers if you are not 100% happy with our service we will refund the inspection fee. (conditions apply)


What Will Our Home Inspector Look At?

Our inspectors will do a thorough examination of the building. They will make an assessment on the condition of the building structure, roof, foundations, exterior walls and wall linings, heating system, windows and doors, insulation, and ceilings.

Our examinations will be a visual inspection, where only things that are able to be accessed and viewed through safe and reasonable means will be inspected. We may move an item of furniture to look at an area of wall or floor or to access a manhole, but will not remove wall linings to check for insulation.

We cannot guarantee the building meets the Building Act and/or local regulations so will not check to see if the council has issued any resource consents, building consents, code of compliance certificates, etc for any work carried out to the property. But we can identify building work that is likely to have needed a building permit.

Information about permits and consents can be found by searching the council records or ordering a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) from the council. For an additional fee, we can also look at the property records held by the council and prepare a special report on the findings.

Share This